From 2019 to 2030, China Petrochemical industry will usher in a wave of planning, construction and commissioning of large-scale refining and chemical integration projects. Four forces are shaping the market pattern.
• Private integration projects
• State-owned integration projects
• Foreign-owned integration projects
• Shandong independent refineries
According to JLC statistics, China will increase its ethylene production capacity by 27.84 million mt, propylene capacity by 43.1 million mt and PX capacity by 19.2 million mt in the next five years.
Therefore, China petrochemical industry is bound to undergo huge changes, the profitability of the industrial chain and the supply and demand pattern will be reshuffled, and the import market structure will also undergo profound reform.
In 2019, Sino-US trade frictions continued to escalate, a wide range of China's textile and apparel products have been included, which will undoubtedly make it difficult for the polyester downstream demand to recover, further restrict the upstream benzene, toluene, MX and PX demand, and then affect the entire Chinese petrochemical refining industry.
In order to help you better understand the supply and demand situation of China's chemical market against such a complicated background, especially the gap in China's olefins, aromatics and methanol import markets, JLC will hold a seminar themed "China Petrochemicals’ Gateway to the Future" on, August 1, 2019, where JLC's experienced petrochemical elite team will deliver you the most in-depth insight into the industry, not only introduce JLC petrochemical pricing assessment methodology, but also open the gateway to the future of petrochemical industry.
JLC 3rd Petrochemical Forum
Registration (Please bring along your business card)
Welcome Remarks: Crystal Yeo, Sales Director, JLC Global
JLC Petrochemical Pricing Assessment Methodology: Roger Chen, Vice President, JLC Global
China’s Olefin Industry Development Forecast and Remarks
1. China olefin industry patternDemand gap widens, coupled with fast expansion of ethylene capacity Propylene overcapacity appears against PDH production peak Butadiene industry competition aggravates amid capacity surge
2. China polyolefin industry faces opportunities and challengesPolyolefin industry starts to suffer surplus supply, and other olefin downstream products mostly see balanced supply & demand. With Sino-U.S. trade friction accelerated, polyolefin market is mixed. Product structure adjusts, and polyolefin industry upgrades to high end.
3. China olefin industry development tendencyTendency for refining & chemical integration projects Accelerating feedstock diversification & profitability of each process route facing test Capacity expansion driven by cracking unit investment, followed by diversified competitors.
Speaker: Shirley Wang, Senior Editor, JLC Global
Questions and Answers
China Methanol Market Pattern Evolves.
1. China methanol market status analysisSupply keeps increasing, coupled with obvious seasonal features Demand from different downstream industries differentiates, and the new downstream markets develops fast High inventory becomes a “new normal”, followed by declining marginal effect Spot price synchronized with futures price
2. Forecast for methanol market patternDomestic supply to remain stable, but imports may be volatile Olefin demand to increase continuously and its dependency on methanol to decline East China and West China price spread narrows Diversified development of methanol derivative markets
3. Major focus and hot topics analysis
International political events occur frequently and market volatility intensifies
Domestic chemical industry integrates, driving rebalance of methanol supply and demand
Safety supervision, environmental protection to continuously impose large pressure
Speaker: Wang Pu, Senior Analyst, JLC Shandong
Questions and Answers
China aromatics market to face huge changes
1. China’s PX import demand decreases, with China's integrated refining and chemical complexes coming on stream intensively
China’s PX supply-demand movements in 2019-2023
2. China’s benzene import demand increases, amid investment boom in benzene and its downstream fieldsChina’s benzene supply-demand movements in 2019-2023
3. The import volume of toluene and MX will continue to decline, as domestic self-sufficiency is on the wayAnalysis on the change of China's supply-demand pattern via import data of toluene and MX What’s the driver of future demand for toluene and MX?
4. Conclusion--Future development trend of China aromatics marketA “Five Group Competition Pattern” in China aromatics market will form Benzene downstream industries face overcapacity and PX downstream industries witness accelerating integration Industrial chain supply-demand pattern and profitability will be reshuffled
Speaker: Yang Yuanyuan, Researcher, JLC Beijing
Questions and Answers
JLC with headquarters located in Beijing, and branch ofﬁces in Shanghai, Shandong, Guangzhou, and Singapore, is a leading provider of market intelligence and pricing solutions for energy and commodities in China. We serve over 1.38 million clients for more than 16 years and our vast experience with domestic and international clients ranges from emerging businesses to Fortune 500 companies and leading ﬁnancial institutions. We are specialized in providing the transparent, high-value, authoritative market intelligence and professional analysis through reports, news, database, research and consulting.
Our expertise covers oil, natural gas, chemical, plastics, rubber, fertilizer, coating materials, iron & steel, non-ferrous metals, coal, agricultural industry. We have more than 1,500 employees and over 600 of them are knowledgeable analysts, editors and thought-provoking market experts who provide reliable global and domestic market information together with over 80 JLC annual industry trainings, forums and conferences every year.